Migraine Nerve Block:
Headache & Migraine Treatment in San Antonio & Garland, TX
At Integrated Healthcare Centers, we know that excruciating pain takes many forms, but it always stops your life in its tracks. If your pain is caused by migraines or chronic, severe headaches in Garland or San Antonio, Texas, you deserve to get back on track with fast, effective relief. We provide a variety of pain management and rehabilitation services, including migraine nerve block care.
Treating Symptoms of Migraine Headaches in Garland and San Antonio
Migraines and severe headaches are serious conditions, not minor aggravations. They may prevent you from working, studying, spending time with family and friends, or even getting out of bed. Because the symptoms are so debilitating, it's hard to mistake a migraine headache for anything else. Some telltale symptoms of migraine headaches include:
- Stabbing, localized pains
- Throbbing, pulsing, or pounding pains
- Loss of appetite
- Distorted sense of taste and smell
- Extreme light and noise sensitivity
- Visual and auditory hallucinations
- Nausea and vomiting
Once you've experienced the pain of a migraine or chronic, severe headache, you know the signs and dread the onset of another headache. You've probably tried sprays, over-the-counter medications, prescriptions, dietary changes, and other short-term solutions that don't erase your headache completely. You may have even considered invasive treatment options. Instead, consider a migraine nerve block.
How the Migraine Nerve Block Works
Migraine nerve block is a revolutionary way to treat migraine pain. Also called a sphenopalatine ganglion (SPG) block, this treatment involves a direct injection of anesthesia into your nerves. We usually ask patients to lie on their backs for the treatment, and while the nerve block works on any nerve in your head, the nasal cavity is a common injection site.
Benefits of the SPG block include:
- Performed with FDA-approved catheter devices (Allevio™, Tx360®, Sphenocath®)
- Offers a non-invasive, non-surgical treatment option for severe headaches
- Is covered by many major health insurance companies (contact your insurance provider for details about your specific policy)
- Only takes about 30 minutes (as your bone and nerves absorb the anesthesia)
- Involves very little risk of allergic reaction or infection
- Minimal side effects include a bitter taste, light-headedness, and slight discomfort during the procedure
Your brain is your most important organ, and we don't want you to risk invasive surgical options when there's a much simpler, safer solution.
Treating Other Conditions with Migraine Nerve Blocks
The results and safety statistics speak for themselves, but the benefits aren't limited to migraines. We also use SPG blocks to treat pain associated with:
- Contact point headaches
- Cluster headaches
- Complex regional pain syndrome (CPRS)
- Temporomandibular joint disorders (TMJ)
- Paroxysmal hemicrania (CPH) or Sjaastad Syndrome
- Herpes zoster (shingles)
Get a Migraine Nerve Block at Integrated Healthcare Centers!
We take pain very seriously at our pain management centers in San Antonio, TX, and Garland, TX. Our teams at both clinics are trained to provide the SPG block to patients with migraines and other painful, chronic conditions. Schedule your appointment today!